OECD Workshop on Growing and Shaping the Internet of Things (IoT) Wellness and Care Ecosystem : Enablers and Barriers
July 25, 2018
The Civil Society council (CSISAC) is looking for expressions of interest from civil Society participants to take part in the OECD Workshop on Growing and Shaping the Internet of Things (IoT) Wellness and Care Ecosystem : Enablers and Barriers.
The workshop will be held in New York on 4-5 October, 2018 at Cornell-Tech. You will find attached the latest draft Agenda. The workshop will examine the state of play, opportunities and challenges in expanding the availability and use of IoT-related products and services to enhance wellness , deliver effective remote care, prevent
hospital readmissions and support functional ability. The workshop will aim to review and assess existing policies with a special focus on privacy and digital security and discuss use cases highlighting good practices to help policy makers and private sector move ahead and promote the positive elements of the IoT while minimising risks.
This workshop builds on recent work by the OECD on IoT (Smart Homes) and aims to feed into 2019-2020 work in this area as well as on Artificial Intelligence. It also aims to inform work on enhanced access and sharing of data for health , and on the implementation of the OECD Council Recommendation on Health Data Governance.
Specifically , it will aim to review:
· The emerging Internet of Things wellness/healthcare ecosystem;
· Critical enablers for progress to build out this ecosystem (what is
needed to unlock the value of IoT for wellness and healthcare);
· Best use cases and public policy advances across public and private
· The value and potential benefits of a better developed IoT-based
health care environment;
· Main Challenges and Policy Implications with a special focus on data
governance, privacy and organisational accountability;
· Technical, legal and public policy barriers that need to be